Terms and Conditions
Jones Bootmaker is now a trading name of Pavers Ltd. For orders placed prior to 26th February with Jones Bootmaker Ltd, please see here.
By placing an order with us you are agreeing to accept the terms and conditions set out below.
- Our Agreement With You
- Processing Your Order
- Cancelling Your Order
- Basis of Sale
- Price of the Goods
- Risk and Property
- Force Majeure
- Whole Agreement
- Affiliate/Voucher Codes
1. Our agreement with you
In this agreement, we are Pavers Limited of Catherine House, Northminster Business Park, Northfield Lane, Upper Poppleton, York, YO26 6QU trading as "Jones Bootmaker" and you are the person detailed on the Order Forms.
Our agreement is made on the date we despatch your goods from our warehouse, details of which you provided on the order form. Only the goods listed on the confirmation of despatch email sent at the time of despatch will be included in the agreement. Our agreement includes all correspondence from us to you.
2. Processing your order
We will send a confirmation email by way of acknowledging your order within 24 hours. This email does not constitute acceptance of your order by us. If you have not received the confirmation email in your inbox, please check the spam folder. Alternatively, contact our Customer Services.
If your chosen products are in stock, your order will be processed. We will deduct the price payable for your chosen products plus any shipping charges from your nominated payment method.
Should you not receive your chosen products within 10 days of despatch please contact us to let us know by email or by telephone. (For non UK mainland orders please allow up to 25 days). You will then be given the choice of:
a) Cancelling your order whereupon we will refund the full price you paid, or
b) After a further waiting period as agreed by us, we will despatch a replacement order provided the goods remain in stock. If no stock is available, we will cancel and refund the order.
If the goods should turn up after the order has been cancelled and refunded or a duplicate order delivered, you must contact us to arrange payment for the duplicate items or to arrange return of the goods.
We ask that you return the goods to us, in their original condition and with the original packaging, within 180 days of receipt. Please note this is a temporary returns policy, implemented from 18th March until further notice.
On receipt of the goods we will refund their full amount as soon as possible and within a maximum of 30 days.
UK mainland based customers have an option to pay 99p per pair ‘returns paid’ at point of purchase. Customers not taking out the returns paid or residing outside the UK mainland will have to pay for return postage. Should our prepaid label be used to return the goods to us we will deduct £2.50 to cover the cost of the postage, unless the returns paid option was chosen.
On return of your goods you may request replacement products, we will despatch these to you subject to availability. Your original order will be refunded and a new order placed this allows complete traceability of your orders.
For Faulty or incorrect items please contact us to arrange their return upon receipt we will either refund in full or despatch an alternative.
4. Cancelling your order
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations, you may cancel your order for any reason by giving us notice within 14 days starting the day after receipt of the goods, you must inform us of your wish to cancel either in writing, email or by phone, we have also included a cancellation form for you to complete should you wish www.pavers.co.uk/pages/cancellation. We will refund you within 14 days of receiving the goods, any paid delivery charge will be included in your refund once we have received all, not part, of your order. The delivery charge refund will be to the value of standard delivery only. You must return the items to us at your expense and within 14 days of cancellation of your order.
Please return items to the address below.
Northminster Business Park
5. Basis of Sale
The terms of this, Our Agreement with You, shall govern our contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions.
Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature price list acceptance of offer or other document or information issued by us is subject to amendment by us where reasonable in all of the circumstances to do so.
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of your Order and the details provided in your Order Form.
The quantity and description of your chosen products shall be those set out in the Order Form unless we subsequently agree otherwise.
Although every care is taken in regards to accuracy of printed media at the time of press sometimes omissions or errors can occur and Pavers reserve the right to withdraw the offer of sale.
6. Price of the Goods
The price of the Goods shall be the price quoted by us on our Website next to the illustration/description of your chosen products, unless agreed otherwise by us in writing. All prices unless otherwise stated are displayed in pounds sterling (GBP).
The price is inclusive of any payable value added tax in the UK.
We reserve the right to change prices for products at any time without prior notice.
7. Risk and Property
Risk of damage to or loss of your chosen products shall pass to you on delivery of them.
Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in your chosen products or any other provision of this Agreement property in your chosen products shall not pass to you until we receive cleared funds payment in full of the price of your chosen products.
We recommend that all product intended for outdoor wear should never be tried on surfaces intended for indoor wear. For instance please do not try footwear with dark coloured soles on light coloured carpets.
We warrant that you will be entitled to the benefit of any warranties or guarantee given by you the suppliers to us of your chosen products. This does not affect your statutory rights.
You warrant that the information entered onto the Order Form is true.
Where we sell to you under a consumer transaction (as defined by the Consumer Transactions (Restrictions on Statements) Order 1976) your statutory rights are not affected by this Agreement.
9. Force Majeure
We shall not be liable to you or be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement by reason of any delay in performing or any failure to perform any of our obligations if the delay or failure was due to any cause beyond our reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing the following shall be regarded as causes beyond our reasonable control:-
- Act of God explosion flood tempest fire or accident.
- War or threat of war sabotage insurrection civil disturbance or requisition.
- Acts restrictions regulations bye-laws prohibitions or measures of any kind on the part of any governmental parliamentary or local authority.
- Import or export regulations or embargoes.
- Strikes lock-outs or other industrial actions or trade disputes (whether involving employees of us or of a third party).
- Power failure or breakdown in machinery.
10. GeneralIf any provision of this Agreement is held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part the validity of the other provisions of this Agreement and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected thereby.
The Contract shall be governed by the laws of England.Return to Top
11. Whole Agreement
The terms and conditions set out in this Agreement represent the entire Agreement.Return to Top
12. Affiliate/Voucher Codes
Voucher codes may at times become available for occasional promotions, if this is the case the voucher codes can only be redeemed with online purchases only. Codes will not be accepted on telephone orders or in shops unless specifically stated.
For items purchased in multi buy offers such as 20% off, buy one get one 50% off, etc, you must return all items purchased under the offer for a full refund as we will not refund on part purchase.
14. Social Media Competitions
These terms and conditions relate to promotions offered by Jones Bootmaker to win a specified prize by entering a competition via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- This free prize draw is open to UK and Republic of Ireland residents only, aged 16 years and over.
- Only one entry per person/per household.
- Employees of Jones Bootmaker and their families are excluded.
- The winner will be selected at random from the entries received.
- The closing date of the contest will be provided.
- The winner will be notified in writing by Jones Bootmaker. The notification will include details on how the prize can be claimed.
- Instagram contests and giveaways are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
- The prize is as stated and non-transferable, there is no cash alternative.
- The prize winner may be required to participate in future publicity.
- Any photographs entered into the competition may be used by Jones Bootmaker for future publicity. The copyright and title in these photographs does not transfer to Jones Bootmaker.
- Jones Bootmaker reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to any entrants, the prize or any third party.
- Full terms and conditions will accompany the prize notification.
- The promoter of this competition is: Jones Bootmaker, Catherine House, Harwood Road, Northminster Business Park, Upper Poppleton, York, YO26 6QU.